POTATO CAPSICUM Curry – INGREDIENTS:
potatoes-4 cut into cubes
- Capsicum-2 chopped
- Tomatoes (puree form)-2
- Ginger grated-1/2 inch
- Cumin seeds (jeera)-1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing)- a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Coriander powder (dhania powder)-1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons oil in a pan & add potatoes to it.
- Fry them for a minute or two & then take them out on a paper towel. Keep them aside.
- In the leftover oil, add asafoetida & cumin seeds.
- As they crackle, add grated ginger to it.
- As the ginger turns slightly brown, add tomatoes.
- Mix well & add turmeric powder & coriander powder to it.
- As the mixture leaves oil, add salt, red chilli powder & garam masala powder.
- Mix well & add capsicum to it.
- Fry capsicum in the mixture for 2 minutes & then add fried potatoes to it.
- Cover the pan with a lid till the capsicum & potates turn soft.
- Keep checking in between.
- Once they become soft & well cooked, turn off the flame.
- Potato capsicum is ready to serve.