Masala rice is easy to make rice verity and can be cooked very fast also. In fact, making rice with different ingredients will actually changing the taste of the final product. If you change one ingredient the entire taste of the rice changes. Another advantage of making Masala rices is you need not prepare a side dish to serve along with the rice. Raita would do with most of the Masala rice verities. As you know raita is also a very easy to make side dish.
To get the best taste of this rice is that make sure that the Ginger Garlic paste is fried completely before adding water. elce it would lead to dominating taste of Ginger.
- Chopped onions-1no.
- Chopped Tomato-1no.
- Slit green chillies-4nos.
- Redchilli Powder-1/2tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste-1tsp
- Jeera – 2tspn
- Cinnamon(Dalchina chekka)- 1/2 inch
- Cloves (Lavang)-2
- cilantro (Kothimeera) – smallbunch
- Bay Leaf (Pulav Aaku) -1
- Water- 2cups
- Oil- tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Make a paste of cilantro, green chilies, ginger and garlic. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel (You can also substitute it with a rice cooker).
- Add Elaichi, Dalchina chekka, Cloves, Bay Leaf and Jeera and Fry for a minute.
- Add the onions and fry till it becomes light brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste,tumeric,green chillies,tomatoes and fry it till oil leaves the side of the pan.
- Add rice and mix well. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and salt. Cook the rice till it gets cooked properly.
- Serve with raita.