This is one commonly made sweet for any occasion. Easy to prepare and rich in taste. This is my sisters recipe, so i will no dare to change even a single letter of it. My sister is one of the greatest cooks i know of, and I am a fan of her cooking.
- One cup rice
- 3/4 cup yellow moong dal,
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut,
- 1 cup milk,
- 1 cup ghee,
- cardamom power,
- 1 to 1/2 cup sugar as per your taste,
- dry fruits.
Method of Preparation
- Dry fry yellow Moong dal till it gives nice aroma.
- Wash the rice.
- Cook the rice and dal adding one cup milk and two and half cups water in pressure cooker.
- Fry Coconut in a little ghee and add this cooked dal rice mixture(This mixture has to be transfereed immediately when done while it is hot).
- Add the sugar too.
- When sugar dissolves, keep adding ghee and stirr it till you get the stickiness of the sugar .
- When it thickens, add cardamom power and dry fruits fried in ghee.
- We us a type of camphor to this. Not that camphor we offer to God. A type of edible camphor which is used in Tirupati Laddoo too. This camphor has to be added a little only. This is optional.