Rice – a handful
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Salt – to taste
Oil – for drizzling
Green Chillies – 2 -3 (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1″ piece
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
– soak rice and Green Gram overnight
– grind that with salt, ginger to a smooth paste (If you add one onion while grinding the taste will be very good
– now it should form a dosa consistency
– mix well
– grease a hot tava
– pour a laddleful of this batter in the tava and spread as done for dosa- add the cumin seeds, green chilies and onion
– drizzle some oil
– when cooked on one side turn over the other side and allow that to cook
– serve hot with some chutney.
There is a Very Famous combination to this. Upma with Pesarattu.