1. Black Gram ( Minapa Papppu) – little for Tadka
2. Cumin seeds ( Zeera) – Little for tadka
3. Mustard seeds ( aavalu) – Little for tadka
4. Red chilly (mirchi) – 2 or 3
5. Coconut powder – Freshly grated – 1/2 cup
6. Curry Leaves – 10-12
7. Ridge Gourd ( Beerakaya) – 2 Nos Cut into small pieces
8. Fenugreek (Menthi Koora) – 1 Bundle
9. Green Gram (without cover) – (Peasra Pappu) – 1 cup soaked in water
10. Salt – to tatse
11. Oil – 2 Table spoons for tadka
12. Asafoitada ( Hing) – to taste if you like
1. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed vessel or a Kadai
2. heat the Mustard seed, Cumin, Black Gram in the oil. let the mustard pop.
3. Add the red chilly, curry leaves and Hing.
4. After the Tadka is ready, add the Fenugreek leaves and fry.
5. After this, add the Ridge gourd pieces and fry till it is soft.
6. Add a little water and keep in low heat for 3-5 min
7. Add the Green Gram ( Peasra Pappu) to this and cover the vessel.
8. Add salt to taste. Mix it thouroughly.
The curry is ready. Great this with the Fresh cocounut powder and cover it for 2 min and keep it on low heat for 2 min.
Serve hot with rice of roti.
Free Recipes For All Your Cooking Needs
Prepare delicious, inexpensive meals with little effort using our quick and easy recipes.