Tur Dal ( Kandipappu) – One Cup – Pressure Cooked until it is softly boiled.
Onion – One – Chopped
Tomatoes – Two Large ones – Finely Chopped
Green Chilli – Two to Three – Slit them along the length
Ginger – A little – Finely Chopped ( My mom use it. I dont like this in this dish)
Oil – 1.5 spoon
Mustard seeds( Aavalu), cumin Seeds ( Zeera),
Red Chillies – 3-4 (My mom makes into pieces. I like only the fullones. It looks good in the finished dish)
Gralic Flakes – 5-6 or more if you like it. it tastes better in this dish.
curry leaves – 10-12
Asaf0itida ( Hing) – if you like it.
How to prepare
1. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. heat the mustard seeds in it till they pop.
2. Add Cumin Seeds, Garlic, Red Chillies, and the curry leaves and let them fry. ( Donot Over cook here)
3. Add the chopped onions, Green Chillies,ginger and sauté them till the time the onion turns silightly brownish
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté this till the mix becomes slightly like a paste.
5. Add the Cooked and mashed Dal to this miX and add a cup of water. Leave it on a low – medium flame for about 10 min.
6. After finishing, Garnish with the Coriander leaves.
Warning – If you are working on that day make sure you control your self so that you dont eat more than your capacity.